Saturday, January 1, 2011

Letter # 165 December 28, 1943

Dec 28, 1943
Tues, eve.
My Darling Wife;
It still gives me a thrill and a lot of satisfaction to write that word wife. Somehow I like the sound of it and all it implies a lot. I love you wifey.
Hope you notice that I am now putting the day on my letter also. I told you I needed the calendar for more than a means of keeping track of your periods. I will admit that keeping track of you is probably the main use for it. Don't have many other dates important enough to mark down.
"No letter today." Guess I'm in the blank spot caused by the holiday. Get a bunch of them all at once.
This is going to be just a short note I'm sorry to say. We worked until late. Got another engine in and running tonight.
I'm writing this on the crapper again. Making good use of my time too. I'm shitting at the same time. Can't waste my valuable time you know.
I got a package from the Deelanys today. Very good popcorn balls and a cake of some sort that I haven't as yet sampled.
I'm sorry this is so short but at least, it's a note. Night sweetheart. I love you.
Your hubby.
Norm.

No comments: