Sunday, January 9, 2011

Letter # 173 January 7, 1944

Jan 7, 1944
Fri. eve.
My Sweetheart;
Got another letter from my partner in love today. Your Mon. one. You know honey, if you keep on you're going to be writing some very "hot" letters yourself. Sounds like you are about in shape to take a lot of loving and still want more. That fourth honeymoon should be a pip!
Had a very routine day, except for pay day. Got my first pay as a sgt. $46.00. Just think of that. You married a rich man.
The tanks went out in a pouring rain. Mac was leading them. They left the tanks out there with a few guards and brought the company back in for the night. Too many men with bad colds for them to sleep out in the wet. It is wet too, and I don't mean maybe. Your "old man" is as good as new again if not better.
Now I'm going to get caught up on your letters or know why.
I did so get a prize package when I got you. More than a prize package. I'd call it a constant surprise package. Every year I have you, I find out I still don't know all there is to know about you. Who would ever have thought that old "cold potatoes mummy" would turn out to be the passionate wife I know I have. Didn't get a rise out of her by playing, feeling and teasing all evening, a few years ago, and now I write her a nasty-naughty letter and get a lot more reaction. Yet she's still the same sweet gal in other ways. Even blushes when she reads my unprintable letters. [she says] Now she is even writing me some, nearly as bad.
You admitted you may have the brains, and you have, but still won't admit the rest I tell you.
She can't seem to realize that she has good looks, sweet personality, and a very disturbing body. Boy! Those nice, soft round breasts, chubby tummy, very nice legs and ankles and big, inviting butt. Sure looks like she was built to satisfy. Boy! She sure does. So damn nice to love. I wouldn't be able to stop if my body didn't wear out.
Trouble is, I always wear out too quick. Can't do justice to what I've got to work on. Think I would do fairly well for a day or so right now, I bet. I love you, sweetheart.
I guess I must have neglected saying that I got the Dulaney's box. About three days after Christmas. Popcorn balls and cake. Very good. I haven't as yet acknowledged it. Will, as soon as I get to it. Very nice of them.
Can't figure why everyone is so nice to me unless it's because I have such a nice wife, back home, plugging for me.
So you aren't having such good luck trapping for the little mouse that isn't there. Those "short" mice are hard to catch.
I'm afraid I'd be very little help at cleaning the house if I were there. I think I'd be a big hindrance. Don't think you could love me and work at the same time. I know I can't. Remember? I didn't like to play with you when I had work to do. Didn't dare or the work wouldn't have been done. Never could "half way" love you. Have to go all the way or stay clear. You're so nice and there is so much of you to love, you demand all my attention.
I think Vi was a lot more help cleaning the house, but I'd have given a lot to swap places with her. To hell with the house and the P.T.A. We'd come first. I'd say you were doing very well with your help situation, in spite of labor shortage. We've got some good friends.
Honey, you're saying some very nice, sweet things about me. Did you know it? I like to hear them as much as you do, but you want to watch out I don't get to believing it too much. I might get too cocky.
Don't worry about your letters making me feel sad or hurting me. They can't. You wouldn't write anything that would. Remember I know you very well and can just about pick out your moods, from your letters. Each one is like a little talk with you and I love every word of them. I love you too - so much I can't express it nearly all.
I got a laugh over your explosion over the Norman W. Effinger signature. I couldn't resist after you bawled me out for signing the telegram that way. I still like to tease you. Can't do it physically, but I can this way.
I bet it was hard to get back to work after that lazy vacation. I was thinking of you. Wish you didn't have to do it. However, I don't think you can live on this long distance love.
Thanks for the tip, about talking to you the way I write. If I ever need to stir you up again, I'll try it if I can get it out. I always did think these things of you but when I'm face to face with a person, I never seem to be able to say what I want to. You'll have to teach me. You, yourself, once said in one of your letters, "It's hard to say such things about you when I'm looking at you." "Kinda chokes you up or something." Remember it? Was one of your first letters after I came down here this time. I have learned a few other things and maybe I can learn that too. I'll try. If the returns are big enough it might not take me long to learn.
Mrs. Velma Effinger, I'm bawling you out for feeling guilty about having a good time while I go to bed. I want you to have all the good time you can and don't be getting any more such foolish ideas. It would make me unhappy if you didn't have a good time, so, damn it, go to it. I don't even impose any restrictions.
I've finally almost caught up on your letters. No time now to write a love letter though. I do love you, honey, and want you and miss you and everything.
Night , honey, I'm loving my mummy.
Your lover
Norm.

No comments: