Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Letter # 172 January 5, 1944

Jan. 5, 1944
Wed eve.
Precious;
Got your Sat. letter today. Guess the mails are getting back on the ball again. Usually get your Sat. & Sun. ones, both, on Wed. so they aren't quite normal, but a lot better. Hope it's the same with you. No more news today. Even the talk is wearing down. We start getting our "shots" over again tomorrow. I was just thinking of that the other day, but hardly expected it so soon.
I'm still a bit achy, and choked up from my cold, but much better. Few more days and be good as new again. Can't keep the "old man" down.
Well that covers all the news, so now I'll answer your letters. Got five of them to go over and not too much time. I kinda like to get bawled out by you. I can just see you sitting there telling me off. Yes. I even grinned at the picture in my imagination. You never were too convincing about your bawling out. School teacher kind. I got used to them long ago in school. I'll be good, sweetheart, I promise! Loves you too. Have I been treating that subject too lightly also?
Thought I had told you the "irritation" on my heel was all well again. Has been for a week. The doctor never did know what it was. At least he never said. Something funny. Must have caught it from you because you're the one that always had funny ailments.
I remember you sending me a similar Christmas card a long time ago and I believe it is in one of those boxes of junk upstairs. Can't remember what was on the other. This was sure a cute one. I like that little girl bear.
Sweetheart, unless you want to cause a riot and delay the war effort, don't be trying to sneak in any barracks. Do more damage with the rush you'd cause than a two ton bomb. I know you're good but I bet you could get plenty satisfied. Be worse than running into a door.
That "half foot' of mine is in perfect condition. Don't worry. I'm keeping it that way especially for you. I'm willing to try that all day date in bed any time now. Don't know just how we'll work it unless it's away from home. We'll see the first time an opportunity presents itself. Don't you be forgetting any of these dates either. Bathtub, all day in bed, sitting, standing, and all kinds of ways. Boy! The thing says it's ready to start already.
I haven't as yet had time to do justice to that picture of you I have in my mind. Got to have plenty of time for that. Hold your horses honey, I'll get to it sometime.
Honey, you know what. I decided to do as you suggested and let you keep the "old thing" until I come back. It's no good to me now anyhow. When I tried to take it off, I found it was made all in one piece with the rest of me. I'm sorry, but that being the case, I can't send it to you. I'll bring it along when I come, you can bet.
Sweetheart, I can't believe that any letter could do all that to you. Sure you weren't just a little drunk? So you're still crying Huh? Guess it won't hurt you. I know you do that when you're stirred up and still seem to enjoy it. If I could write letters that affect you like that all the time, maybe I could get so good, I could love you by letters and make it almost as good as real. How about it?
Glad the boys at the P.O. take good care of you and I sure am glad they don't know what could go with the delivering of those letters. I'd deliver letters a hell of a way for the kind of reward I'm thinking of.
Well honey, I'm running out of time, so I guess I'll have to quit for tonight.
I love you so much sweetheart. I'm dreaming of you and your "picture". I'll get it thought up yet. Night honey. I love you.
Your hubby
Norm.

No comments: