Saturday, January 1, 2011

Letter # 167 December 31, 1943

Dec 31, 1943
Friday eve.
Hello! Sweet and lovable;
Happy New Year, Darling. I know it'll be way past when you read this, but maybe you can feel me saying it now. I imagine by this time you are at your party, but you haven't had time to get feeling too good yet. It's only 2100, three whole hours yet and it'll be 1944. Wish I could start the year in right by loving you but you know, "Come in like a lamb, go out like a lion." Maybe we can be making up for it by this time next year and for always. I sure hope so. I don't like this being away from you a darn bit. Seems like I ought to get used to it after bit, but I think I miss you more, the longer I'm away. I love you and always will, you sweet old thing.
I just got back from the woods about 1900 and then I almost got "drafted" to go to a dance. The battalion is putting on a dance at south Camp and they asked each company to see that at least 27 men went from each. Well so many of the boys went other places that they had to detail about 18 men from this company to fill the quota. The first Sgt. thought I looked like a dancer to him, but I put up a kick and he let me out. Imagine me going to a dance! That would be something wouldn't it? Some business when they have to force men to go places. The trouble is these army affairs are supervised, no drinking, and the gals can't go outside the dance floor, so it just isn't what the boys want, especially on New Year's Eve!
I had kind of thought of stepping out and getting a few drinks, but tomorrow is a work day and I've had a couple hard days, so I decided to spend a very safe & sane evening. I hadn't written to you since Wed. either and I can't forget my sweetheart.
I shouldn't have written that last line, but you can be sure, I'm not writing to you because I think it a duty, but just because I want to. I mean it. I like to write to you.
Got so much to write about this time I know I won't get it all done. Got 5 of your letters here to answer. Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. Also one from Tues. the 21st which I never got until today. I guess I'll answer your letters this time and tell other things next time. Nothing exciting. Just what I've been doing since I last wrote.
I had wondered a bit about why you hadn't said anything about your girl party at Nichols. You see, Vi had written about it. I can keep pretty close track of you, and said you had been in rather good shape. In fact you were in such good shape you were mean to "Corky". I can't imagine it. Such a nice doggie too. {Wish you had been rougher} Listen sweetheart, if I had been there you would have to do better than get in that mood pretty quick. You'd have to be in that at once, if not sooner, or you'd get raped. I think I'm in fair shape again and could stand some of your brand of loving.
I occasionally have a strong desire to paw and chew a nice pair of bubbles I know and tickle another nice place and then_____. Boy, I can almost feel those legs squeezing and holding me now. I know you'd say, "Take it easy, be nice and gentle and I'll let you have it." I probably would be, but it'd be hard as hell not to "bang". It isn't any longer, honey, but it can still be just as hard. Would be nice to stick it in and let it soak in that very special place you have for it. It's going to again, one of these days.
There I go again, honey. You'll be thinking that is all I want you for. It isn't, but as you say, "It's pretty darned important." I might add, damned enjoyable too.
Isn't Louise the one that said separation is good for a couple? Seems like she is talking different now.
Glad I creep in and out of your thoughts and conversations, but I'd like to creep into your bed and not get out, at least not for very long.
You can sit on your fanny and get fat if you want to. I like a nice big butt and pudgy tummy. Makes good petting and pinching and very nice padding to snuggle up close against. If that "maybe" furlough becomes a reality, I'll work some of it off you.
Let's see. Last time we set the quota at 30 and beat it. Boy! What fun. What do you think the quota should be this time? Of course, I probably wouldn't have more than 10 days, so we'd have to work at it to beat that mark. Don't know if the old man could stand it or not.
Honey, I know I've changed in some ways, but I don't think I've changed enough to want to go to church. Just can't see myself loosing all that good time. Anyhow I'll have lots of back work to catch up on after I get home. Some of it may be hard work, but I call it loving.
I really didn't think about how I signed the telegram. In fact I couldn't think. After I sent it I couldn't even remember the exact words I had written. I was getting it done as fast as I could, so I wouldn't change my mind. You see, I can't seem to forget it either.
Well sweetheart, I haven't even covered your letters, still have three left, but I guess I better quit for tonight. I'll try to write you a good 'un Sunday, or maybe tomorrow night. I see you are asking for another naughty one. I'll see what I can do about it sometime.
Night honey, I love you so much.
Your sarge.
Norman W. Effinger.

No comments: