Monday, January 10, 2011

Letter # 174 January 9, 1944

Jan 9, 1944
Sun. Aft.
Hello! Wifey dear;
I still like the sound of that little old "wife" word. Seems to stand for an awful lot that makes life worth living, to a man. It surely is one of the first words in the dictionary to me. I loves you, honey, more and more.
I neglected you again last night. Didn't intend to, but just as I was getting ready to clean up a bit, Brownie said that he had gotten word that one tank and the maintenance half track were stuck out on the road a few miles. We mounted up and took out to find them.
Boy! the mud: You mentioned our road being muddy. You should see this. Took us two hours to get about 8 miles. We found the tank first. Got it fixed up and started in, and then we went on until we found Mac and his helper. They had thrown a track on the half track and hadn't been able to get it back on. I don't think they tried very hard. It only took Brownie and I about 1/2 hr. to fix it up. They had been sitting there 4 or 5 hrs. Had the top on the half track, engine running, and heater turned on, so they were nice and warm. It was cold and mean as hell out, just about freezing, mud ass deep, and I'm not exaggerating either. I was damn near frozen by the time we got back in. Maybe that helped to make me disgusted. Anyhow I was rather burned up at Mac. Sitting there on his ass waiting for another crew to come put on a track. It was 2330 when we got back and I was tired, so you are short a letter. We worked all day today until 1500 this afternoon.
Got a letter from you yesterday and one today. Also got one from Vi and one from Marg. Guess I won't get them all answered today. Got to go to the P.X. yet and get cigarettes and etc.
Honey, you must have had a good time at Vi's party. She has been telling stories about you. I got a kick out of it. Could see you floating around. I still can't see how you bumped your head on the ceiling and lost the flower in your hair. Knowing your condition, I can well imagine you thought you were floating "high" enough to bump the ceiling, but I'm afraid I'll keep my own opinion on it. I wish I had been there to take you home. Bet you'd have loved and loved and loved and liked it all. I'd guess you really did have a swell time. I'm glad. Only regret I couldn't have been there to get "high" with you.
Now I'll answer your letters.
Don't worry about any of my buddies ever seeing anything you write. I'm careful about that. They sometimes comment on me grinning when I read your letters but I don't explain very often. These letters are just for you and I. Wouldn't think of sharing them with anyone anymore than I would let some other man go to bed with you when I was there to go to bed with you. Strictly private. Our little secrets.
I could go ahead and make a date for that good banging you say you would enjoy, but I won't. I'll wait and see how you want it when I get there. If you give me a chance I bet you get the banging. Can't hardly imagine, old take it nice and easy you, saying she would like a banging. Remember honey, any time you want it, just spread those nice legs wide open and say you want a banging. I'll do my best from then on. The old thing says he'd like to try right now. He's ornery thinking about it.
Sweetheart when you set a quota, you really set one don't you? Sounds good to me but with only about 6 days at home that would be 7 a day. Wow! Don't think the old man could stand the pace. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to cut the quota, and I'm certainly not going to ante it either. If you respond like you have at times and we stay by ourselves enough, I think I could make it. I'd sure like to try. I've got the right kind of wife to try it with. She looks like loving and is such swell loving I never really want to stop. It's like being in heaven.
You are definitely asking for another naughty letter and if I get time you'll get it too. You're doing very well yourself honey. You surprise me. I like 'em.
From the sound of your experience with your "angel" that shit his pants, I don't think you'd be a very good mother. You'd have to make the living and keep me at home to change the baby. Don't think I'd like it either.
I don't get the point about you trying it, but not having a baby. You're twisted honey. I don't get the point, but you sure as hell do. More than the point. Every fraction of an inch of it. Wish it was longer so I could give you more of it.
You talk about your letters being screwy. How about these? I can't sit down and write a good one very quickly. I have to have time on my hand and nothing on my mind to do for a while. I'll be glad when I can tell you what I've got to say without writing it. Some ways, writing is all right, but I'll do my love making and talking to my honey at close range anytime.
Just think, all the time I've been writing this, I could have told you a lot more and better and done a little loving along with it.
Nighty night you old sweetheart. I'm loving you and missing you bushels. Here's a long distance loving for you. Not very good is it? I love you darling.
your hubby.
Norm.

No comments: