Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Letter # 176 January 11, 1944

Jan 11, 1944
Tues. Eve.
Our inspection came off this morning and we went back to work again this afternoon. I knew they wouldn't let us lay around very long. I guess everything was in satisfactory order. At least I didn't hear anything to the contrary. All of our equipment, vehicles, and tools were declared unfit for anything but training so if we do move out it looks like we'll have all new equipment. That is something.
They have just come out with some new nuisance orders. Every man will have a haircut every 10 days and every man will wear his cap on the right side of his head from now on. Remember mine was always on the left. Armored force was the only one to wear them on the left. Now we are the same as all the rest of the army. Taking our distinction away from us.
That haircut business gets me. Can't see why so often. I had been getting them every two to three weeks but every 10 days. That's too much. Glad I'm on sgts pay or I'd be broke buying haircuts. Maybe I could learn to do it myself. If I can cut some one else's, why not my own? Anyhow, I couldn't hurt it much. By the time I get a G.I. there isn't enough to worry about anyhow. Bald as an onion. Sure makes it easy to wash. Dries as fast as my face. Kinda handy. Think I'll always wear what is left of my hair in G.I. style. How about it?
No letter from you today, but I still have part of your Thurs one to answer, so I'll do that now.
Honey, you wonder how I remember all the things we did. How could I forget most of them? Lots of fun. I don't remember nearly all, but some of the things stick in this thick scull of mine. When they get in they can't get out.
About the "making you". I guess maybe I did rather misstate myself there and I think you did also. Even I can't remember the first time I made you. It was such a gradual process, I really don't know when it did first happen. The first time I can remember really making you and good was the spring we were digging the basement. It was during the time we were rained out. One Sunday, we were laying around wondering if it would dry off enough to work and Gus and Vi wanted us to go up to "Pete's" woods for a picnic. Remember? Anyhow while we were waiting for Gus & Vi to come, we somehow got upstairs on your bed and I loved you good. I'll never forget it because you said, "Never again before going on a hike or a picnic." "Makes me all worn out." That was in the days before you found out you liked it. It was just, "not too objectionable" to you then. You were a devil. Don't see why I kept coming to see you. Maybe, unconsciously, I had an idea how nice you would turn out. In those days you surely weren't a very "hot" number. Could go to sleep with me laying tight against you, one hand squeezing a nice handful of bubbles and the other playing around as high up your leg as I dared to go. Surely must not have been only your sex appeal that held me. Who would have thought that a few years later even after three years of being married to me, the same old gal would insist on being loved before she would eat? She has even on occasion, wanted a loving in the morning before breakfast, and quite often before going out someplace. Doesn't seem to wear her out so much anymore. In fact, I think she could live on it for a day or two and still like it. Boy, I'm glad I got her. She's the best little wife ever and boy is she swell loving.
Honey, I'll never forget the first few times we loved after being separated for several months. You acted like I had always wanted you to act. Like you liked it as much or more than I did and didn't ever want to stop. I can still see [and feel] you laying on the bed, lusciously bare, legs in the air and spread wide open, loving me. Eyes closed, a very happy satisfied look on your face and sighing the kind of sighs a cat purrs when it is being petted and loves it. It gives me the tingles to think about it, honey. Here's to lots more times like that all the time.
You said that if I talked to you the way I write, you'd go wild and really love me. Well, if you always love me the way you have these past couple times we've been together, I think you could get me to do anything you wanted me to do. You could really wind me around your little finger. Maybe you could even get me to go to church with you if you said the word. Look how I went over to school with you that day. Don't believe I'd have done that a couple years ago. Do you? I'm slowly finding out how really nice you are and loving you more and more as I discover you. That is one you can remember and try when I get hard to handle.
Don't get the idea that I am expecting you to keep on improving. I'm not. I don't see how you could improve much more. If you did you'd have to get another man soon, because I'd love myself to death. You're perfect the way you are. I sure love you honey.
I also am dreaming of that maybe furlough. Even if we do move out or go on maneuvers I'll stand a chance of getting one in the next two or three months. I'm not going to really plan on it, but as you say, "I can dream can't I ?" As long as I got you I'm afraid I'll always do some dreaming. You're even fun to dream about and I don't mean messy, sleep dreams. They're fun too but I was thinking of daydreams. I make lots of plans for you and I in my dreams. Can't wait until we can carry out some of these dreams.
Night gorgeous, I'm going to bed now. Maybe I'll night dream a bit. Who knows?
Night sweetheart, I loves you so much.
your hubby.
Norm.

No comments: