Saturday, July 30, 2011

V-Mail # 395 June 15, 1944 At Sea

Thurs. June 15, 1944
Darling;
I have always heard that on sea trips people can see all kinds of fish, whales and etc. nearly all the time.  I had been disappointed in that all along until today.  One lone porpoise appeared along side and cut capers for a very interested audience for a while.  At times I could see six or eight feet of him as he came up.  He must have been a good sized fish.  Would be interesting to get something like him on a line.  I am hoping to get in a little sea fishing after we arrive at someplace.  The company has some fishing equipment along and I expect that I will be able to get some for myself.  If  can't and have need for it that may be one of the things I'll ask you to send.  I'll sure take advantage of any opportunity I might get to hunt or fish. 
Middle of June already.  Golly it's  been a long time since I've heard from you.  I know you are all right but, I like to hear form you anyhow.  I bet you're having a great time trying to keep up with the lawn and things.  Hang on for this summer and then I hope I can be back doing it next summer.  Nothing I want more than to get back to you again.  No use having a nice wife if I can't be with her.  I love you darling. 
your hubby
Norm
Norman W. Effinger

No comments: