Friday, July 22, 2011

V-Mail # 384 undated June 1944

Hello, beautiful;
This is a continuation of another letter.  The way the mail usually works you probably won't receive them together.  I guess it won't make much difference anyhow.  You wondered why I hadn't told you where we went on our trip to the coast.  I couldn't say enough about it so I didn't say anything.  I have it all filed away in my mind and will be able to tell you all about it sometime.  I'll have lots of things to tell you next time we meet if I can take time out from telling and showing you how much I love you.  That will come first I bet.  I'll take a long time to get caught up too.  I love you so much darling.  You're a very sweet girl and grand wife.  Don't know what I'd do without you.  I haven't really got you now but I have beautiful memories I'll never forget and an awful lot to look forward to.  There surely won't be any question in my mind about what I'll do when this is over.  I'll concentrate on getting home to you as fast as I can and from there on - well, we'll let events take their course.  Whatever the course - who cares?  You'll be with me and that is all I care.  I think I'm in love.  Don't you?  I love you sweetheart.
Your lover
Norman W. Effinger

No comments: