Friday, July 22, 2011

V-Mail # 385 June 1944 undated

Baby Darling;
Hi, Sweetheart.  How's everything?  All O.K. here but I sure am getting sick of this boat ride.  It can end anytime now.  I'll be glad to get off.  Gets monotonous as hell.  Hot, uncomfortable, and above all, nothing to do.  You know how I get when I haven't enough to keep me busy.  I expect we'll make up for the latter and I'll be bitching about too much to do.  I guess I can't be satisfied - can I? 
I sure never realized there was so much water in the world.  We haven't run out yet and no sign of running out either.  It's a big ocean. 
Some time ago you were cautioning me against acquiring too much belly again.  No need to worry now.  This heat spoils my appetite and I've lost most of it already.  I don't think you need worry about it staying until I get home.  Then it's up to you not to feed me so good.  You know I never was that way until you came along.  You fed me good, were so sweet, and made me so contented I couldn't help but get fat.  Take waring if you want me to stay streamlined.  These damn sheets don't hold enough.  Do they?  Bye my beautiful wife.  I'll try to keep writing these notes and maybe a good one once in a while.  I love you darling.  Your hubby. Norm.
Norm W. Effinger 

No comments: