Sunday, July 24, 2011

V-Mail # 389 June 8, 1944

My Sweetheart;
I have now been told that I can date these letters.  I never could see why not.  Now if I want to write more than one page, I will number them in the bottom left hand corner and you can then match date and number to get them together.  I guess I won't have much use for that until I start getting mail from you again.   I can't find much to write these days.  One day is as much like another as two peas in a pod.  Not even any scenery to talk about or describe. 
No matter what happens I'll be glad to have this boat ride come to an end.  It's boring as hell.  Under other circumstances I guess a cruise could be enjoyable.  You can guess the circumstances without any trouble too.  Having you along to keep me company is one of the big things.  There have been some beautiful moonlight nights that would be perfect for loving.  Shame to waste them in wishing and dreaming but that is about all I can do.  Not even a mermaid around. 
I'll have a lot saved up for you by the time this is over.  I'll just about love you to death.  I do love you so much and miss you all the time.  Bye, again sweetheart.  You're a very nice wife and lover.  I love you madly. 
your hubby
Norm
Norman W. Effinger.

No comments: