Friday, July 8, 2011

Letter # 378 May 26, 1944

_________   [ a single line is drawn rather than "West Coast" ]
May 26, 1944
Friday morning.
My darling Wife;
This is going to be a short hurry up note.  Really don't have much to say, but I'm living up to my promise to write as often as I can.  I like to write to you.  It would be swell if it didn't take so long to get an answer.  I like to hear answers and see you when we talk.  More than that I like to get hold of you and love you up good.  Gosh, honey, you're sweet.  I love you like hell. 
I expect today is your last day of school.  When you come home this noon or tonight you can say, "That's over with" and then take it easy for a while.  I hope you never have to go back to teaching again.  I wish my job was over and we could spend the vacation together.  It would really be swell to have a couple months together and not a thing to do but love and enjoy ourselves.  Fifth honeymoon and would it be a pip!
That is about what I had planned to do when this is all over and I get home for good.  I can hardly wait.  That will help an awful lot to help make the time roll by.  Something to come back for.  A very sweet, beautiful wife, a nice home, and friends and lots of things.  I'm a very lucky man. 
Well honey, this is my sugar report for today. 
I love you so much, my darling wife.  I'm dreaming and waiting. 
I love you sweetheart,
Norm.  

No comments: