Sunday, July 24, 2011

V-mail # 387 June 1944 At Sea

Sweetheart;
Hello, honey.  How you been doing , these days with no letters?  Kinda hard to get used to isn't it? I'm sure as hell missing them, but I know there can't possibly be any while you don't know, and are probably watching the mailbox and hoping.  I have been writing some kind of note most every day, so when they do come you'll probably get a whole bunch at once.  Not much in any of them but I think you can gather from them that I'm loving you and missing you all the time.  I do love you and I sure am missing you.  I'll never get used to being away from you. 
We heard the news of the start of the big invasion of France.  Let's hope it goes well and brings the end of that war closer.  Then all we'll have to do is clean up the Japs and - home.  It can't be too soon for me. 
It's summer out here and no mistake.  I can see why we were trained in La.  The climate is almost identical.  Hot as hell, humid and rainy.  I don't think it will be any worse anyplace we might land.  We are on the downhill side of the globe now so it can't be much worse.  I've run out of other stationery, so from now on, until I can restock it will be V-mail. 
Bye for now sweetheart.  I'm loving you more all the time.  You're a very sweet wife.  I love you.
Your hubby.
Norm.

No comments: