Thursday, December 30, 2010

Letter # 163 December 26, 1943

Dec 26, 1943
My Sweetheart;
Hope you don't have a hangover or something from too big a day yesterday. I haven't. I'm feeling swell. Had 11 hrs. sleep last night. Imagine that. I was ready to get up at 0500 already, but wasn't anything to do so I just rolled over and slept some more. We didn't have any lights until 0800 this morning so there just wasn't any use getting up until daylight. I caught up on about all my chores and writing now. Wrote 10 letters yesterday and finally got the rest of my stripes sewed on. On the ball again for a few days. Guess I go to the field tomorrow and come back Tues. sometime.
My heel is all healed up and O.K. again. I'm starting this letter while I'm waiting for mail call. That's why it's jumping around so much.
I cut an article from the paper about the ice storm and am sending it along. Thought it might be interesting. The comparison between the same day a year ago certainly is.
I was seriously toying with the idea of trying to call you yesterday and then this storm pulled the wires down. Some of the boys did try but had no luck. I kinda thought it might be fun to at least talk to you. I'll just wait until some other time when I might have some news to tell you. I loves you honey.
Here is something I picked up I thought you might enjoy.
What they said after____.
Italian Girl - Now, will you hate me?
Spanish Girl - For this I will love you always!
Russian Girl - My body belongs to you. My soul will be free always.
German Girl - After we rest a while, we will go to the beer garden. Yah?
Swedish Girl - I tank I go home now.
French Girl - For this I get a new dress. Oui?
Colored Girl - Boy! I sho hope this changes your luck.
Jewish Girl - Goniff, next time I think I'll have the silver foxes first.
Chinese Girl - I hope I've given you some new slants.
English Girl - It was rawther pleasant. We must try it again sometime.
American Girl -Jesus Christ! I must have been drunk. What did you say your name was?
Maybe you've seen this before. Which do you think would be your reaction? After looking them over rather carefully I think you're true to your nationality. Only you seem to like to go to the beer garden first. You like to love and then eat. I don't care what I do before or after just so I get the loving and plenty of it.
Well, sweetheart, we've had dinner and mail call and still "No letters today." See I can use song titles also. I'm rather at a loss to know what to write about. No news I haven't already told you about, so from here on you can expect almost anything. Hard to tell what sort of inspiration I'll get or maybe I won't get any and will just quit here. I'm going to take a crap. Maybe that will help.
I'm thinking of a beautiful day last fall, of a nice little white home back in the woods. The leaves are falling and the ones still on the big oaks are beautiful with reds and yellows and greens. The house is quiet except for a curl of smoke from the chimney. A beat up old Dodge sedan comes down the road, turns in and stops close to the garage door. A tall soldier, a corporal in the Armored Forces, jumps out and stands a moment looking expectantly at the closed front door. Nothing happens so with a few quick eager strides he is at the door trying the latch.
It's locked so he looks through the glass. He really didn't expect to see anything but an empty room. Thinks his wife is still sleeping. Instead, a very welcome sight meets his eyes. His wife, clad in a bathrobe and a pair of men's pajamas, his own, show below the robe. Feet clad in a pair of crochet rag slippers, hair uncombed and rumpled, just as she got out of bed only a short time before, is laying on the floor in front of a cozy fire having her breakfast coffee.
She heard the rattle of the latch and looks up quickly. Surprise quickly changes to loving welcome and she swiftly opens the door and is gathered in by a pair of hungry arms. Her arms, hungry also, return the hug and even tremble a little. Somehow one of them takes time to close the door and then the embrace is passionately resumed. Kisses are firmly planted on her upturned, clinging lips and strong arms pull her closer and closer against his chest until the separating clothes are no longer a protection and her soft breasts can be felt.
The pressure of the embrace must have been great , but neither seem to mind in the least. Hearts are beating close together again and nerves are too thrilled to be conscious of anything but love for each other. Nothing else would have even been noticed.
Finally as a kiss is broken and resumed, he felt a tear moisten his lips and finds there are lots of them rolling from eyes so star studded, it's a miracle where they came from. She says, "Of course I'm crying, I'm so happy." He was so a tingle he couldn't cry, but was just as happy.
The coffee, long since cold and forgotten was suddenly remembered and the embrace was broken while she got fresh coffee and finished her breakfast. She didn't seem to have much appetite though and he could hardly take his eyes from her long enough to go get his bag and coat from the car. She was good to look at, even though covered by very unrevealing garments. They couldn't hide all her attractions.
She is a very nice looking gal. Dark, uncombed hair framing a white face, completely devoid of makeup, but the fire or "something" had put high spots of color in each cheek and the big, long lashed eyes were really shinning. Nice, red, slightly crushed lips parted in a happy, enticing smile showed pretty, even, white teeth.
Beautiful picture. Best he had looked upon in weeks and he had been in the south where the women are noted for their beauty. There are a lot of pretty ones but they can't ever match this one. You can say he is prejudiced or anything you want to, but it still is true as far as he is concerned.
Of course, he didn't stop looking there. He is somewhat of a wolf and never misses a curve. Even though she is very well hidden by loose p.j.'s and bathrobe, even they can't hide the exciting fullness of breasts and chubby tummy. Clothes can't hide the suggestion of long, nice looking legs. She's a big gal but boy! is she built. Any man would be only too glad to be in this soldier's shoes. He's going to have a swell time. If he doesn't, it's his own fault.
She finishes her breakfast while they talk and love each other, by words and eyes. He sits in his old, favorite , easy chair and she sits on his lap, still kissing and loving. Emotions are too stirred up and passion must be satisfied. They go to the bedroom and very little time is lost undressing and getting in bed together.
If he had needed any more urging, he surely got it as she threw off the few clothes and stood there naked. All the parts of her soft, exciting body more than fulfilled their suggestion when covered. Almost made a wild man of this soldier. Had a hard time to keep from being too rough and enthusiastic.
For details of what happened for the next hour read a letter you got a couple weeks ago. That was only the beginning of a very loving, happy, two weeks, until he had to tear himself away and report back to a very bare and different life, in an army camp in La.
That is a rather long and poor story so maybe you don't recognize it. Do you? I think you should. You're the gal that was being loved and I was doing the loving. Maybe it was the other way around part of the time, but it was us anyhow. Remember? I'll never forget it. Even though it was honeymoon number 3 and we had been married more than three years, it was the sweetest, most tender, happiest two weeks I ever spent. I really love that gal much more than I can ever tell her.
I'm waiting more or less patiently for honeymoon number 4. Whenever and wherever it becomes a reality, I know it's going to be a dandy. I can hardly wait.
This wasn't quite so strong or plain spoken. Maybe you can read it without blushing or letting it bother you too much. Don't know though, it bothered me, but I'm very easily bothered when I'm thinking of you.
I love you darling. I'm missing you too. Bye for today.
Your lover
Norm.

No comments: