Sunday, December 5, 2010

Letter # 146 December 6, 1943

Dec 6, 1943
Hello darling;
This is going to be another short note I'm afraid. We got through rather late and I had to sew on a couple sets of new stripes, attend another class on aircraft identification and now I'm trying to write and listen to a "breeze shooting session" at the same time.
Brownie and several of the boys are holding a session here again tonight. Of course, I had nothing to do with it. I'm afraid I started it and I can't seem to get rid of them now that I want to write. The way it started. I got my holiday edition of Esquire and it has pictures of the 12 gals on the Esquire calendar. Boy are they honeys. Some of them built almost as nice as you in places. Of course, they don't have a chubby belly, but that's about the only difference. Kinda gives a man ideas. Well to get on with the story, the pictures kinda caused a disturbance and that got the gang gathered. Then the shit began to fly again. The funny part is these sessions aren't like most in the army. Gals hardly ever get a mention. Just good clean tales of timber, cow punching, trucking and etc. They're fun but I don't like to short you on your letters. Maybe they won't happen too often.
I still have a couple of your letters to answer more fully and I got another today, your Friday one, so now I have three again. I'll get them answered someday honey.
I also got a package from Mom & Hazel and one from the South Pike Club today. Haven't opened them yet so I can't tell you about them. You probably know all about them anyhow. I'm sure being well taken care of. All this stuff now and you say you've sent some more. Boy! Here goes the old bay window again.
I showed Brownie some of our pictures tonight. He got a big laugh when he saw that one of you and I that the folks took the day before I left. He says I looked fatter than a hog at butchering time. He liked my wife too. I'm not the only one that thinks you're some gal. He also likes our home very much.
I guess you gathered that the T/4 is now authorized. Announced it today. There were only a few promotions given so I guess I was very lucky. Probably mostly due to Brownie. None of the others in the shop got anything. Boys all congratulated me. I imagine that is as high as I can go in this outfit.
We worked at the shop most all day. Just took about 2 hrs. off to run out to the range, do our firing, and come back. I'm still keeping about my same old record at shooting. Not too good, but not bad either. Made a score of 90 out of a possible hundred.
I'm not sure but I think we are going to be in the field for two or three days this week so if you miss some letters, that's the reason. Of course, it might possibly be a bull session but I don't think so. When they stop me before bedtime I usually take time to at least write you a note like tonight.
I guess I better go shit, shave & shower and get myself to bed. I'll try to write a good one tomorrow night.
I love you honey and I mean what I said about you and the Varga gals. They couldn't, even if real, be any more exciting to me than you are. If you were just a little more streamlined in a couple places, you'd put any of them to shame. When it comes to being a very swell wife you've got any of them beat a hell of a way. When it comes to loving______. They couldn't possibly be better than you are. Beside all that I like your chubby belly and big butt, so there too. That seems to make it certain that I'm very well satisfied with my darling wife and wouldn't trade her for any other gal, even a redhead, alive.
Wish I had that wife of mine in bed every night with me again. She's so nice and soft and warm to lay up against. Just fits. Bet she'd get petted and felt & loved and everything if she were. This still all means just one thing honey. I love you more and more all the time. You're so sweet and loving.
Night sweetheart. I loves you. Here's some long distance squeezing, kissing, and loving. Even a little chewing. Guess where? I love you darling.
your hubby.
Norm.
I signed this one.

No comments: