Sunday, December 5, 2010

Letter # 144 December 4, 1943

Dec 4, 1943
My Sweetheart;
I'm starting this rather early, before supper. Don't want to get interrupted or into a bull session without at least having a short note ready to send. Maybe I won't have anyone to interrupt me this week.
Brownie went to the hospital today for a series of xrays and examinations. Thinks he has stomach ulcers. He has had stomach trouble ever since I have known him and this past week, he's been sick and "heaving" every day. If they decide he has them they may just keep him at the hospital until he is either cured or discharged. Too bad he has such an affliction, if he has. I guess they are hard as hell to cure.
Seems like everybody but me is always getting sick and going to the hospital to spend a few days or weeks being pampered and taken care of by nice nurses. I'm just too damn healthy I guess. Have to see if I can do something to get me some of that feminine attention. Might even be a red headed one or maybe a former teacher that might "pet". Have to see about that.
Had charge of the motor park again today. Brownie sick. Mac on pass and that leaves me senior mechanic. They are giving us a break again this week. Quit already at three this afternoon and are supposed to have tomorrow off also. The boys sure took off. Just paid this week and ready for anything.
I'm ready for lots of things also but don't think it worthwhile trying to find them. Could never find anything near what I want this side of Medina. There's a very nice, rather chubby, beautiful, sweet dispositioned, young woman I know there that is just what I want. Can't match her anywhere I've been yet. Just about as perfect as any gal could be, and boy can she love! So nice and warm and soft, very good, even passionate, kissing. Has two very nice big things to play with and squeeze on and when she gets started she is more than willing to love and does! Boy how I could go for some of that right now. I love that gal a hell of a lot and some of these days I'm going to collect a date she has promised to hold for me. I'm going to fool her and make that a lifetime date. I love you honey. I'd like to be able to tell you how it makes me feel to even think and write about you, but I can't. This last has been almost too much for me. Actually got a thrill and also a raise from the old "thing". He has to have his say whenever you are mentioned. He says he won't be any longer but he'll be just as hard and as glad to see you as ever. He even kinda thinks he might be a little more pleased to see you than he ever has been. Anyhow he promises to stand up and beg a bit. We love you a lot honey and are just waiting for a chance to show you again. We also say the chance can't come too quickly or too often. We're keeping our fingers or what have you crossed. Isn't that a plain spoken little letter? You could sure sue me for anything with such evidence couldn't you? Don't know what you could get beside me, so go ahead and sue. I'll be yours and think I'm in heaven. I love you honey.
We have been having quite a bit of rain the past week and it has been very damp and warm. All the doors and windows in the barracks are open and I've been laying here on the bunk in my shorts writing this letter. I expect it must be nearly 80 degrees. Anyhow, I don't have to move very fast before I start sweating. Can't realize it is Dec. and that at home, where my honey is, it is cold and snowy. This is rather novel and isn't hard to take, but honestly, honey, even if you were here with me, I still think I'd like it better in the north. Snow and cold weather are in my blood I guess.
Someday we'll have to take a winter vacation in the south. I expect you would love it.
That'll be another date when our ship comes in. I'm going to figure out lots of dates and get you to promise them to me. Get enough of them so you can never get away from me. I love you sweetheart.
I got a nice long letter from you again today. Your Wed. one. Another 6 page one. I haven't answered any of your last letters very good yet and I guess I'll save them for tomorrow. I probably won't get one from you tomorrow and that will give me a lot to write about.
I think maybe I'll go to the show tonight. "Guadalcanal Diary". It ought to be good. Remember the account in "Life" last winter? Supposedly true facts of the operations there. I don't expect you'd like it very much even if I was there to hold your hand. If I was there where I could hold your hand, I don't think I'd be much interested in seeing the show. I'd have other much more pleasant and desirable things to do. Can you guess what? If you can't remind me, and I'll show you the next time we think about going to a show.
Night sweetheart, I love you so much.
your hubby.
Norm.

No comments: