Thursday, April 7, 2011

Letter # April 12, 1944

Apr. 12, 1944
Wed, Aft.
Hello, sweetheart;
I finally got here.  Four hours late, but better late than never.  I'm in Shreveport now and catch the 3:15 bus to Leesville.  Get there about 7:30 tonight.  I had hoped to be in camp early enough to get settled before bedtime, but I guess I can do that tomorrow. 
I had a seat all the way, so I came out rather lucky at that.  There was a freight train wreck up in Arkansas that held us up from 2 A.M. to after 6 A.M. today.  That's where we lost the time.  Had time enough at St Louis and also here to eat and etc.
Gee, Honey, I'm missing you already, a hell of a lot too.  Wish it had been so you could come along.  Damn it!
Seven weeks won't be so long and then, oh boy!  here we go again.
It's getting close to bus time.  Bye for now, sweetheart.  I'll write you tomorrow and give you the rumors and stuff.
I love you, you passionate devil.
Your hubby.
Norm.

No comments: