Saturday, April 2, 2011

Letter # 236 March 23, 1944

Mar. 23, 1944 Thurs. Eve. Hello Sweetheart; Another short one. We moved a few miles today to another area and are going on a 70 mile trip tomorrow. Worked until well after dark and have just got cleaned up and beds made. I got your weekend letter today but won't take time to answer it. Probably have time to do that over Sunday and also write enough to be a decent letter. I also got the package from Mom Kelser. You were right after all. I was very much surprised. I thought it would be cake, cookies, or something like that. When I got the package it was so heavy I knew I was wrong but still had no idea what it was. It was a very pleasant surprise. Don't worry about us not being able to use it in the field. We will and I don't mean maybe. Tell Mom & Pop thanks a lot. Had a very nice day and it's a beautiful, clear night. Looks good for tomorrow. I don't have any idea where we are going or nothing. I'll tell you all about that some other time when I have more time. The menu was quite elaborate. I'm sending it right back, because if I don't it's liable to get lost. This is surely a piss poor letter but I'm loving you as much as ever, even if I haven't time to tell you properly. I bet I could find time to show you if you were here. Afraid you wouldn't enjoy it very much though. Not much of a "rough it" girl. Night sweetheart. I'm loving you and loving you so much. You're my wife and I'm glad I gotcha. Lots of love & hugs & kisses & everything. You're sweet. your lover Norm.

No comments: