Saturday, April 30, 2011

Letter # 354 April 26, 1944

April 26, 1944
Wed. eve.
My darling wife;
Gosh, honey, the 26th of April already.  Soon be the 1st of May and then it won't be long, I hope, until I'll see you again.  I'm still hoping and really believe we will be in some other camp for at least a month or two before we push off, if we ever do.  Anyhow, I'm not worrying about it a bit.  Of course we are doing an awful lot of wondering and wishing.  Arguments are hot and heavy about where we will go and no one knows any more then the other about it.  It's funny to listen to it.  No new developments along that line yet. 
We almost finished our packing work today and now we will have a day or so cleaning and scrubbing the garage all spotless for the next outfit that moves in here. 
Brownie came back last night, so once again we have a full crew.  Said he had a wonderful time, fishing and fucking.  Came out after while that he had only been fishing one day.  So - make your own guess.  I suppose it's plenty of fun that way too, but I still can't think I would like it nearly as well as when I have my wife.  It would be an outlet valve but I wouldn't be in love and I'd think that would make a big difference.  Don't reckon I'll ever know, cause, honey, I'm more than satisfied to wait until I can have you again.  You spoiled me sweetheart.  I'd never be satisfied with any other girl.  I'm sure of it.  You're a peach. 
Here is a clipping I found and got a kick out of.  Remember when we were first married and I talked about twin beds?  I may have thought then that I wanted twin beds, but now I'm like that girl.  Haven't any idea what a twin bed would be good for.  Of course, it could be used to keep a spare redhead in, but that is about all I can think of.  I don't like to sleep alone anymore.  Even when I can't play.  I like to feel you there beside me.  Nice thrilling and yet comfortable feeling.  Nothing like it.  I love you, honey. 
Didn't get a letter today and haven't much to say so I guess I'll let it rest at this for tonight.  Bye sweetheart, I'm missing you like hell and loving you more than that.  I love you, my chubby wife,  You're a darling.
Your hubby.
Norm. 

No comments: