Sunday, March 13, 2011

Letter # 223 March 6, 1944

March 6, 1944
Mon. eve.
Hello, Sweetheart;
How's my Tootsie Wuggles tonight? Well, I hope. Hope you've got the nasty old cold licked by now. Have I told you recently that I love you? I do honey, with all my heart. I guess I should add, and body. That usually isn't added in the best literature. This isn't literature and it's true as hell so I'm adding it. It might be possible to love without thought of the physical side, but I can't imagine it.
Seems like it would be comparable to this letter writing. Very nice but somehow rather unsatisfactory at the same time.
I like to love my wifey, every last bit of her and with every last bit of me. No halfway stuff for me. All or nothing. I'm pretty sure you feel the same about it. Judging from your letters and from unforgettable actions, when I was with you I know you feel the same about it. Afraid I'd be a very passive, slow and dull lover if I couldn't be close [or closer than close] to your delicious physical charms.
I love you honey, every last bit of you and everything about you. I'm hungry for you. I guess you know that. Maybe soon I can get my appetite satisfied for a while. I'm hoping, crossing everything, and even praying as hard as I can. I'm lovesick, honey, but in other ways I'm perfectly normal. I'm just ready for that 4th honeymoon.
Nothing much of interest to tell you today. We had a regular day at the garage fixing tank ailments. This eve, I went to the basketball game, last of the season. Our boys won it 23-27 and with it the championship of the camp. Guess they must have been pretty good at that. That's the second time this season. They did the same at North Camp.
Brownie, Mac, and the rest of the boys all came back somewhat the worse for wear and tear and walked around in a daze most of the day. They must not have slept all weekend. Remember the old days when we were young and crazy. Drinking party all night and go someplace all next day. I wonder if I looked as bad the next day as these fellows do. The original "sad sacks".
I got two letters again today, your Thurs & Fri ones. Puts me up to date again. The service has been much better with regular mail so far. They can't seem to get them here every day as they are written, but at least they don't miss 4 & 5 days in a row.
Honey, you seem to be worrying too much about what you call your "sketchy notes". They aren't that at all. They are very nice letters and I love 'em all. It isn't so much how long a letter you write or what you say. I just want to hear from you. These letters take the place, by necessity, of talking to you and when we talk, we talk about the things that come up day by day. I like to know all the things you tell me. I'm interested in 'em all. Now does that satisfy you and put your mind at rest? I mean it too. I'm not just being nice.
It could be that you should always listen to daddy, but I'm not sure of it. You are doing a very good job of getting along without daddy. You're a very capable gal and I'm proud of you. I love you too.
Have a good time in Akron, honey, and you might even celebrate your birthday and buy yourself a present. You can imagine it's from me to you. If you see anything you want , get it and I'll buy it for you.
Darn you honey, don't you go starving yourself or anything like that, just to have that 100 bucks a month. It isn't that necessary. I have a few dollars and you can always earn more any time you need it. If you do get a chance to be with me this summer and we go broke you could always get a part time job to help out. You know what you can do and it's up to you, but be as sensible with that as you have been in all other ways. I want you to have all the fun and things you can and want. I love you, you know.
I know about the reappraisal in the county from the Gazette. Don't worry about it. They will get it straightened out after bit and let you pay the taxes.
Seems you have been very fortunate with your government checks. Some complain that they are missed every so often and then they double up the next month.
Honey, I think I'll let you handle all the money when I get home again. You seem to be doing very well at it. Another good mark for you. You must be just naturally good at anything. Perfect as a wife, sweetheart, and more than that as a lover. $423.00 in the bank. More than we ever had. At that rate, we'll be rich soon. You've a right to be proud of yourself. I am. Very proud of you.
I think this was a very nice letter. I want to know things like that. It's all part of you and us. You keep on putting down all that comes out. I like it.
You keep on hoping for that long distance call or telegram or something and maybe it will come. Wish I could send it right now.
I haven't finished answering your letters but I'm going to save the rest for tomorrow. Night, honey. I'm loving you so much. You're my wife, my sweetheart, my lover, my inspiration. I love you.
Happy birthday, honey. I'm sending a lot of hugs & kisses and everything.
your lover
Norm.

No comments: