Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Letter #210 February 19, 1944

Feb 19, 1944
Sat. eve.
Hello, Sweetness;
I love you. Did you know? I do and I'm loving you by remote control right now. Some of these days I'm going to get close enough to really love you and make you know it.
I cut you rather short last night and didn't even answer your letters. I'll start on them now. I still haven't gotten any more. Your Sunday letter was the last. They're fucking me up and I don't like it. I got Tuesday's Gazette yesterday and your last letter was postmarked Monday
2 P.M. Seems funny that second class mail comes ahead of air mail.
I'm not a bit surprised to hear that you are finally having a little winter. You probably don't like it so much, but me, I'd sure like to see a snow drift again. I'm not built for a southern man I guess.
The income tax business came out a lot better than I expected. The most I had hoped for was to be forgiven the rest of my 1942 tax and to keep from paying any on either or both our income for this year. Lucky thing we looked into it. Even if we never get the money back it is worth it to be in the clear. We'll get the money but I imagine it will be at least three and probably 6 months. You did a very good job of explaining in your letter. You'll make a business woman yet. I would say Snedden is very reasonable. Only $1.00 for that job. Most lawyers charge at least $10.00 for a similar job. Did you vamp him or something? Maybe you were wearing that new black dress that fits so good. Woo! Woo! I'd pay you to come in my office and treat me to a look at you. I'd fill out your income tax sheets or anything and take my time doing it, so you'd be there longer. You're a very captivating gal, dressed in a close fitting revealing dress. Especially a black and white one. I don't remember if you told me about changing your hairdo or not. If you still have it up and curled like the picture, anyone would stop for a second look and maybe more. You're a peach honey. I love you.
You can bet I'm getting some chewing from the box you sent. I can "fess" a little before I go to bed now.
I wasn't the only one that's gotten a lot of pleasure from the papers and magazines. I took the funnies over to the day room and left them there when I finished. They didn't get thrown away and this noon I went in and fellows were almost standing in line to read them.
The letter from Angie's wife was just a thank you note, but it was very nice. I would imagine she is of ordinary education and probably very nice. I saw pictures of her when we were at Knox. She looks Italian in the face, but not bad looking at all. She's built like a brick shit house too. Not very tall, probably 5' 4" and pleasantly chubby. Got the proper curves all right.
You can bet we have a lot of happy years to look forward to. I'm certain I'll be as much in love with you then as I am now and will be every bit as happy as your folks have been. Of course, I don't imagine I'll be quite as loving, usually, as I am now, but I bet I'll still have it my head even if I can't do much about it. By that time I'll probably be down to a limit of not more than three or four a week instead of that many a day. Could beat that, even double it for a while right now. I'm hurtin for you honey. It's a sweet, anticipating hurt though. I love you my big, gorgeous, chubby wife.
There, I guess I've covered your letters fairly well. All ready for a new batch tomorrow. I've got several others to write again, but I'm going to do that tomorrow. We won't work as far as I know now. Going to give us a rest before the big problem on Monday and Tuesday. I'll probably be out at least one night, so you'll have another break in the chain of letters.
There are rumors around that our moving date has been set ahead for another month or so and that we are going on short maneuvers in this area. Other rumors say we will be off the alert and furloughs will start again. Then tonight the captain told us to send all our papers of identification home. We were also shown another training film. What to expect on a troop ship. It was all about conditions and discipline aboard. What to do in case of trouble and etc. That is the way it is here all the time. One continuous stream of conflicting rumors and stuff. No one knows anything, but my opinion is still the same as always until I really see us on our way.
Honey, I'm sleepy and a little tired so I'm signing off for today.
I'm loving you so much and wishing it won't be too long before we can see each other again for a few days at least. I'd much rather I could see you permanently but I guess that will be a while yet. I'm ready anytime to retire you to being my darling, loving wife again.
"You're so Nice to Come Home To". You really are. Night sweetheart, I love you.
Your hubby.
Norm.

No comments: