Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Letter #87 September 13, 1943

Sept 13, 1943
Hello Chubbins darling;
Whoops-a-daisy. Another day checked off and now only 27 more and I should have you within range again. You say I mentioned that I love you. I thought that was about all I was saying in my letters. I don't know how to make it any stronger in words. I'll just have to show you. Anyhow I love you as much as anyone could and not blow up. Speaking about you beginning to get worked up and ready for that next round and wondering if I am. Boy honey you should know me better than that. Why I was ready for another round the last night you were here. Since then I've done so much resting I'm ornier than ever, if that's possible. Why honey I damn near took a bite out of a pair of "tits" that got shoved in my face last night at the Service Club. I'll have to tell you the story. It isn't quite as bad as it sounds, but it was entertaining and if I wasn't an old married man I think I would have tried to make something of it. Just another time you kept me out of trouble.
Gus and I laid around the barracks all day shooting the shit and writing letters. I wrote to my sweetheart, to Vi, to Steve, and to Marg. By the time evening came we decided we'd have to get out and get the stink blown off, so we went for a walk and ended up at the Service Club for a sundae. The place was packed to the gills and we happened to get an aisle table. We had our sundaes and I was busily working on mine when someone bumped the table. Naturally, I look up and this "tit" nearly put my eye out. It was that close and of course there was another not far away. I could see that one better. The one that was so close, I could hardly see. Hell of a nice pair too. Big enough to make a large handful and sticking straight out, could even see a suggestion of a nipple. Boy oh Boy, it took all my willpower to keep from snapping at them. Low necked dress too. I watched them go by and the owner sat down at the next table. I took a look at Gus and his eyes were sticking out so you could knock them off with a ball bat. I shook my head to clear my eyes and grinned at him and he at me. I then took a look at the owner to see what make of critter she was, and it wasn't bad. Dark hair and eyes, nice looking and a shape that matched the bubbles. She was alone too and I couldn't see any rings. You see I was looking. It's a good thing you're so nice and I love you so much or you would have lost your husband. To explain the situation, as I said the room was crowded and she had to squeeze between our table and another to get to hers. In doing that she leaned forward over our table. I think it was accidental. She didn't look like the type. To make it worse she got up and did the same thing on the way out. In a few minutes she came back, but this time she stuck her butt in my face. That was rather nice too. Gus says it was a damn good thing I didn't have false teeth or they would probably have jumped out of their own accord and taken a bite of those things. See honey you're not the only one that might have a chance to jump the fence. We don't want to though, do we? We're particular and beside that, very much in love.
Also while we were roaming around we stopped in one of the PX's and I saw a little trinket I thought you might like so I bought it for you. I'll send it as soon as I find a box to pack it in. I suppose I ought to keep you in suspense as to what it is but I gusee I got even for that other time so I'll tell you. It's a little pin, made up a lot like a fraternity pin with an armored division insignia connected by a little chain to a little tank. It wasn't expensive but I thought it might do. Haven't been able to find what I wanted along that line. Hope you like it. If you don't I won't be disappointed. Now that I'm rich again I just wanted to send you something.
I did something else today you wanted me to do. I bought a beak garrison cap. I was something like a woman. I didn't need it and can't wear it here at the post but it was a bargain so I bought it. All of a $1.00. It's a fairly good one, probably cost 6 or $7.00 and has hardly been worn. Fellow had one given to him, a real good one, so he was trying to get rid of his other one. I was the only one it would fit so he wanted me to make an offer. Just joking and not expecting him to take me up I offered a buck and he took it, so I was stuck. It's still a bargain, even has a rainproof cover with it. I'll probably keep it as a souvenier or sell it if I get a chance.

No comments: