Saturday, September 11, 2010

Letter # 84 September 10, 1943

Sept 10, 1943
Hi there Tootsie Wuggles;
Another day gone by honey and now only 30 more to go. Boy oh Boy it's getting closer and closer all the time. It can't get too close to suit me. I wouldn't mind a bit if tomorrow was the 11th of Oct instead of Sept. The days can go as fast as they want until then, but then I wish they would slow down to a stand still. I'm afraid they'll go entirely too damn fast.
The eagle finally got over his case of constipation this afternoon and shit me a small handful of greenbacks. $24.90 this mo. Boy am I rich, over $50.00 in my pocket again. Good thing too because it's probably my last pay until the 1st of Dec. You see payday is the 10th of Oct and if I can get out of here the 9th I sure am not going to wait for it. I won't get back to the outfit in time to sign the payroll for Oct so it's going to be a long time until the eagle gets another case of the shits. Be a good pay when he does though. Good thing I've got a rich generous wife to fall back on or I'd be "hurtin".
Had another first experience today. Finally slipped and broke my record. Got a "gig". Had some specks of dust on my footlocker so I'll have a couple hours work detail tomorrow afternoon. I'd be mad as hell if my little woman was down here, but as it is it will just be a little pass time.
Ernie and I are still running a neck and neck race. Both have a score of 78 out of a possible 81. Tomorrow will have to tell the story again this week. Maybe your "haunting" will help, but I bet it's a close race. Next week we will work on engines. The instructor will mess them up and we'll have to find the trouble and get them running again. Should be fun.
The weather is still nice and cool, in fact damn near cold. This morning I had to put on the shirt to my long handled drawers. Left it on until noon and it felt damn good.
Didn't have any inspection this afternoon. Just got paid and had about 20 minutes close order drill and were all done.
Don't wonder about the stationery. I just ran out of the other and haven't been able to buy anymore the last few days so I'll use up the last of my Polk stationery. Guess it'll carry the message as well as anything else.
Gus and I are going to see "Salute to the Marines" tonight. Got our pockets full of money again so we'll go on a tear. Probably stay out until at least 9 P.M. Might even look at a girl or two if I get a chance. You won't need to loose any sleep over it though honey. I'd never be able to even find one to come close to you. I'm particular. Nothing but the best for me. Gosh honey I must really be in love. I dreamed about you again last night. I can't remember what it was but your Mother was mixed up in it somehow. That's something I never remember doing before. Dreaming about you two nights in succession. They weren't specially satisfactory dreams but at least they were about you and not some other woman. I wasn't even trying to make you in either one, but both mornings when I rolled out, I sure would have tried if you had been in range. We like you a lot and "it" is sure showing how much "it" misses you. More than when I left you the first time. You spoiled me by coming down here. I sure like to be spoiled that way.
Looks like you will have a chance to satisfy some of the mother instinct with 30 little angles. I can almost see the sarcasm on the angles. Keep a stiff upper lip honey. It won't be so bad. If you were at the diner you'd have wolves to deal with instead of angles. Kinda sounds like the wolves are still howling too. I always did say you looked exciting. You can sure live up to your looks when you want to.
I love you sweetheart. I'll say night for today and go to see my show. Maybe I can dream about you again tonight.
Your lover and husband
Norm.

No comments: