Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Letter # 85 September 11, 1943

Sept 11, 1943
Hello sweetness
Got your Weds. night letter this noon. Sounds like you might be rather busy, school, fair and choir as well as going to church on Sunday. Something must have happened to you since I've been in the army. First you show me you have developed into a very nice big armful of passion and now you tell me you are even going to give up sleeping late on Sunday. Just can't believe it honey. Are you sure you didn't have an identical twin sister or something? If you did have, I hope you let the one that came to Ky. to see me be my wife from now on. I love both of them a lot but if I have my pick, I'll take this second one. She's really got "it". When I said I'd trade you for two younger models, I still had the first sister, but now that I've got the second, and more passionate one I wouldn't even consider trading you for half a dozen. One like you is all I can handle. I love you honey. Only 29 more days and maybe I can show you.
Well Ernie and I had quite a race this week and when all the scores were in at noon today neither one of us had anything to say. Tie score 259 points out of a possible 267 for both of us. We were on top of the heap but both together. The school rewarded us for having the high scores by presenting us with a technical book on electrical equipment. I guess most of the school work is over now. From now on we will be on practical work. May have a few lectures and a few tests but not so many.
The 'gig' was just a joke. Reported at 2 to the supply room and they sent me up to the store room to take in the beds & mattresses from the fellows leaving here. I worked about 1/2 hr. and then spent most of the rest of the afternoon on a six foot pile of mattresses. Like to wore myself out. Done at 3:30. I can't stand much more of this.
Can't think of much else to say honey so night darling. I love you more each day.
Your soldier
Norm.

No comments: