Friday, November 19, 2010

Letter # 131 November 19, 1943

Nov 19, 1943
Fri, Eve.
Hello Sweetheart;
Got your Tues. letter this noon. Won't have much time to answer it tonight - maybe. I'm starting this after supper. Have to go back to work again in a little bit. We may be through rather early and then again we may not. Just can't predict on mechanical work. Since no one has been there to do much for the past week things have piled up. Only 6 tanks able to go out this morning. The battalion Commander decided today that we should have them all ready to go out tomorrow so nothing for us to do but go to work. Will also work again Sunday I guess.
We are supposed to go to the woods Mon, Tues, & Wed. Back in Thurs, and then out again Friday. At least that is the schedule. I don't know if I will be out all the time or not, but if I am, you may be a few letters short. Just telling you so you won't be surprised or too disappointed.
Guess maybe we will be here for Thanksgiving. That's Thurs. isn't it? Anyhow I'm wishing you a very nice and happy Thanksgiving. Wish I could be with you, but as I can't I'll be thinking of you and loving you and very thankful I have such a swell wife, waiting for me at home. You know I think you're about perfect and love you like hell.
I had rather guessed the reason you hadn't been seeing so much of Louise lately. I could see when I was home that she wouldn't be too congenial company. Too bad she has to be that way. She's just making it harder for herself. Friends just won't stick around if they aren't made welcome. Maybe if they get together for a time it will sweeten her up. Good pair to be talking about separation being good for a couple. Can't see it. Don't like it.
So I'm getting some presents from three organizations. Swell. I'll have to sit down and compose some thank you notes I suppose. Don't let me hear that you cried again if they ask you to read them.
Well sweetheart it's getting late and I have a busy day ahead, nearly 12, so I'll get me some sleep. I may have time to write you a nice letter tomorrow. I love you darling.
your lover
Norm.

No comments: