Friday, November 12, 2010

Letter # 124 november 12, 1943

Nov 12, 1943
Dear Wifey;
This is going to be one of those real short notes. Been in school all day and when the boys came back from the field they brought a lot of trouble back with them. We thought we could finish most of them before we came up to supper but at 7:30 we finally gave up and came to supper. Will go back again in a few minutes and work until we get through. Probably be rather late when we get done.
I didn't expect any letters from you today after three yesterday, but got two more today. Your Tues. and Wed ones. Guess the air mail is what hurried them up.
I'll write on this until the rest of the boys are ready to go back to work and then I probably won't get time to write any more. I'll probably need my sleep. They say we are going out Sunday and stay out a few days. Not sure about it but if you don't get a letter for a few days, that will be the reason.
Sweetheart you are really out doing yourself on this love letter business. I'll have to take some lessons from you. They're sweet. If I needed any convincing about how much you love me, I think they would do it.
Honestly, Honey, if you continue to improve, in showing and telling, as much as you have since I've been in the army I don't know how I'll stand it. Probably kill myself trying to keep you satisfied. But boy oh boy is it fun to kill myself that way. I can live on the kind of love you give me, almost. Just need a little something to eat once in a while.
I do love you ever and ever so much sweetheart, and I'm just waiting until I get a chance to show you.
Night sweetheart; we're going to work now. I'll be seeing you in my dreams.
your hubby.
Norm.

No comments: