Thursday, July 1, 2010

Letter # 50 June 30, 1943

June 30, 1943
Wed 1200
Dearest Wifey;
This is going to be just a short note. We had blackout practice last night and I guess I'll be working at the motor park tonight so I'll just write a short one this noon and will write a good one the first chance I get.
I got the cake and the letter saying you were baking one yesterday noon. Good service and the cake was in swell shape. I was so full I didn't open it until last evening but then I went to town on it. Sure was good. I was a little smarter this time and didn't give it all away. I still have a few pieces left and I'm hanging on to them. It's a real treat to get a home baked cake. You're sweet honey and I love you a lot.
Martin says, he had a piece of the cake, he didn't think the north had anything good, but he was going to admit now that the cooks are as good as any he had ever seen in the south. Compliment for you honey. I imagine the compliments should be passed on to Tib in this case, but I know it would apply to either. Tell Tib thanks. I really didn't expect to have two birthdays this year, but I sure am not kicking.
I have been working all week at the motor park and it looks like I might be there steady from now on. I rather hope so.
Well honey, here it is nearly July 4th, will be by the time you get this. Wish we could take one of our trips together or even just be together. Those were the good old days. Anyhow, I wish you a happy weekend and hope you don't have to work too hard. I love you gorgeous, you're so sweet and thoughtful. I think I'm the one that won't be able to live up to you. I guess I never did, but I love you like hell and as far as I'm concerned that is all that matters. Take care of yourself honey. Bye now. It's time to go back to work. I love you.
Your loving husband
Norm

No comments: