Monday, November 28, 2011

Letter # 430 July 25, 1944

V-Mail
July 25, 1944
My Beautiful;
Yes, you are too and don't feel let down because this is one of these things after I promised you a good one for today.  This is only a little extra and mostly about what you are giving me no chance to forget.  Requests.   You're a devil, however a very nice, not devilish, devil.  Know what I mean?  How's this?  I love you.  I really didn't intend to say that kind of stuff in here but I can't seem to help it. 
Now about this other stuff.  Writing paper, air mail type.  Tobacco and cigarette papers, a pipe or so, cigarette lighters, anything to eat that you think will get here in good shape.  The soap doesn't seem to be so important now.  We're able to buy it and have a small stock hoarded.  I like nice pictures of you too.  You know, small ones, not many, but one, once in a while.  That is the important items.  As I gather from your letter, you only need a request for something and you can spend the allowance on anything else. 
I have been told recently that I would probably need to request the Gazette to get it.  I haven't yet received any over here and would like it very much.  I had sent change of address cards to the Colliers and Digest which act as requests.   You might check with Newberry about it. 
Your Hubby.
Norm.

No comments: