Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Letter #109 October 28, 1943

Oct 28. 1943
Hi Sweetheart;
Well honey, I'm now in St.Louis and will lay over here until 5:30 tonight. I had a hell of a time getting here but I did it. The train from Cleve. to Indianapolis was an hour and 20 minutes late so I missed the train to Louisville and there wasn't another until 2:30 in the morning. So I bought me a ticket to St. Louis, cost me $6.23. Made me pay regular fare but I got here at 12 last night. The train I was supposed to be on from Louisville got in at 8:10 this morning so I am all set now. Most of the other fellows that left Knox with me are here also. Grafton and I have teamed up and are going to look around a little. Says he had a swell time but is still a little ornery. I told him I had a better time than that and had most of the orneriness taken out of me.
I went to a hotel and slept from 1-7 and I had slept some on the train so I'm kicking my heels, but damn it all honey I miss you like hell already.
I'll drop you a line as soon as I get another chance. I love you sweetheart. It was a swell 3rd honeymoon.
Your lover
Norm.

No comments: