Thursday, October 7, 2010

Letter # 106 October 3, 1943

Oct 3, 1943
Hello Sweetheart.
How's my darling Chubbins today? You better be getting in shape and feeling swell, because I'm hoping to be seeing you a week from today. I'm still planning to get away Saturday. I'm going to be a lost boy if I don't. Regardless the time is drawing close to the zero hour and I'm all thrilled to pieces. Can't concentrate on writing or anything else anymore. Good thing we don't have anymore classes or I'd spoil my good record. You have an awful affect on me, you old devil you. I believe you'll even make me go crazy as the women in books do to their men. I guess I love you honey. Anyhow, if it isn't love it's something mighty nice. If love is any more disturbing than this and any nicer at the same time I don't think I could stand it. I'm satisfied with you and everything as it is. That statement is wrong in one respect. I'd be a lot more satisfied if I was home with you all the time. Oh hell, I can't write what I want to say, so I'll just save it and show you what I mean next week. Boy that next week business sounds good to me.
Last evening we went to the show again. "The Lady Takes a Chance". Kinda silly but it was entertainment for a couple hours. Jean Arthur and somebody. She's a cute trick but not much of an actress. I guess we're going again tonight.
You're not the only one stepping out. I'm getting to be quite a playboy myself.
No mail today. They say the train didn't get in or something, so with no letter from you I don't know what to say. I wrote you all the news I know. I'm afraid those crazy, supposed to be love letters, will be getting tiresome to you so I'll just quit trying. I know you won't admit they're crazy, but that is just because you're so nice.
Beside that I'm running out of stationery again and I don't want to buy anymore while I'm here. I have just 6 sheets left. Enough for three more letters and that is just right. I won't write after Weds. because I hope to be able to deliver my messages in person as quick as you would get them by mail. That person to person business is so much more satisfactory. I'll be seeing you sweetheart and I sure am loving you. Bye for now, honey.
I love you
Norm.

No comments: