Saturday, April 24, 2010

Letter #14 April 24, 1943

Sat. eve.
April 24
Hi Babe
Just got your letter with the three cents due written on it, haven't read it yet because I want to be at the post Office before they close. I broke my glasses and can't get these kind fixed here very well so am sending them home for you to get fixed. They shouldn't cost anything because they were guaranteed and I broke them cleaning them. Here I am leaning on you again but you're sweet. I'll write more later.
Your husband
Norm

Hi Tootsie;
I didn't make the post office in time to get the glasses sent off so I'll have to wait until I get another chance to get to the post office. Don't know when that will be. The damn thing closes at 6 P.M. and we are seldom through long enough before to get there by 6. You see it is nearly a mile away from home. I will quit on this letter and send it with the package and write another to send with regular mail. We have a box here at the barracks to drop letters in.

No comments: