Monday, August 30, 2010

Letter # 73 August 30, 1943

Aug. 30, 1943
Mon. eve.
Hello Dearest Wife;
Seems to be rather strange to be writing letters to you again. I'll have to learn all over again. It isn't nearly as satisfactory as our communications the last three weeks have been either. Boy that second honeymoon was swell and now I'm looking foreword to a third one. How about it, do you think it will be as much better than the second, as the second was better than the first? I told you I was out of practice at writing. Can't even get all the necessary words in a sentence anymore. This time I'll have the advantage. Nothing to do but lay around. Maybe I can do a little better. I'll try anyhow. You're a devil 24, or maybe more times. I kind of lost track. Guess I have to call you "hot potatoes mummy" from now on. Hope you had a nice trip home and weren't too tired. I went directly to the depot and caught a bus in about 5 minutes. Was back in camp at 3 P.M. I wandered around over by the bus station and bought one more roll of film, so I've got enough to start on.
Came back to camp and just laid around until bedtime. The boys were on the rampage and had several beds tied up to the ceiling and shoe strings and fatigues all tied in knots. You ought to have heard the cussing about midnight when the owners came in and saw what had happened. I wasn't in on it but still enjoyed it all.
School looks like it would be quite a bit more interesting this week and next. Both weeks in the electrical system. We have some instructors this time that seem to know something. I think we'll learn something. It was real interesting today.
Of course, not having been out late I was wide awake and could take it all in. You're hard on me. But I still wish you were here so you could continue being hard on me. I like it. I don't imagine you could guess from the way I acted, but I did like it. In fact I think I still love you a hell of a lot. I'll be ready to prove it again in about 5 weeks and 5 more days. If it wasn't for that I would be sorry to these days go by so fast but as it is they can't go too fast to suit me.
I love you honey and I'll sure be counting the days until Oct 9th when I'll be coming home to you for a few days. Boy will that be fun. Let's see, 15 days ought to net at least 30 or more don't you think? I'll rest up real good in the meantime.
Well honey I don't seem to have much to write so this is rather short.
Night honey, I loves you ever and ever so much.
your back to the army soldier.
Norm.

No comments: